Defense

News , articles and essays on Indian Defense

HAL Delivers Chetak Helicopter To Indian Navy

The Navy signed a contract with HAL in August 2017 for 8 Chetaks to be delivered by August 2020, with the first two by August 2019. HAL’s helicopter complex chief executive G.V.S. Bhaskar said the company had revived the Chetak production line after upgrading it with the latest technologies.

Navies of India, Japan, U.S. Hone Mine Sweeping Skills

“This is the second edition of the MWE. Last year we participated as an observer and this time we are a full participant. We have four personnel participating carrying diving equipment,” a Navy source said on Monday. In the first edition, there were two officers and two sailors as observers in the exercise held at the same location, the source stated.

IAF Plans to Upgrade and Make Sukhoi Su-30 MKIs More Lethal with Russia’s Help

Russia has been the largest supplier of defence hardware and military equipment to India and the IAF chief said that the two countries can join hands for the production of components and spare parts in India. “Using the example of the Su-30, I can say that Hindustan Aeronautics Limited is already producing the Su-30MKI under the original licence. With them, we signed a contract for aftersales service of the Su-30MKI aircraft.

Naravane Appointed as New Vice Chief of Indian Army, Four Army Commanders Appointed

Naravane will be the senior most army officer when the incumbent Army Chief General Bipin Rawat retires on December 31. Naravane was commissioned into the 7th Sikh Light Infantry in June 1980. He has handled several appointments in peace, field and active counter-insurgency environments in the North-East, Jammu and Kashmir and as part of the Indian Peace Keeping Force in Sri Lanka.

Mega-Exercise By Security Agencies To Curb Infiltration Along Pak Border

All stakeholders have been asked to submit reports related to the completion of the mega-exercise – codenamed ‘Sudarshan’ – aimed at tightening vigil along the infiltration-probe border, he said. Commanders of the forces were directed to strengthen their watchtower and man sentry posts more efficiently, besides organising multiple patrolling.

Terror Cases Dip in North East: Report

he year 2018 witnessed the lowest number of insurgency incidents and civilian deaths since 1997,” said the report. It said that the overall security situation in the North Eastern (NE) states improved substantially since 2013. The report said that compared to 2017, insurgency incidents have registered a decline of 18 per cent in the year 2018.